Introduction To Gamification
Gamification means you need to add gaming elements such as rewards, scores, competitions, etc to any nongaming web service like web apps or e-commerce. There are various elements you should involve to create interactive gameplays. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Set goals and offer rewards
- Create a competitive environment
- Allow customers to collect achievement badges
Do you know why these elements are necessary? You wouldn’t expect a mobile app to award you points merely for just creating an account. Furthermore, rewards can be anything, a discount coupon or free delivery. These things can keep users engaged in the web service or e-commerce.
In any e-commerce store that has gameplay, there are only 2 features.
- Competition – Competitions are entertaining and everyone loves coming on top. This is due to the fact that competitiveness is deeply rooted in human beings. Your Shopify store visitors will create goals for themselves depending on how they compare to those of other users. Introducing an element of competing with other users works quite well. Furthermore, you need to add a scoring system that is visible to everyone so that they can compete with transparency. This will make them spend more time on your Shopify store and you can tempt them with marketing CTAs to buy your products.
- Rewards – In gamification, setting rewards is important to motivate the visitors to stay engaged with the app. When setting game goals for your visitors, make sure they are both interesting and difficult. Suppose you own a Shopify store, set a goal for reward after they buy the first product. You can also include a point system in which a daily goal achieving will allow users to achieve a reward after reaching a defined margin.
Add Gamification To Your Shopify Store
In order to increase revenue on your Shopify store, consider using the following game-based strategies.
- Puzzle: People like solving puzzles and finding answers to them. Adding puzzles to your Shopify store is like adding a gamified element. You can keep rewards like free shipping or a free gift with the first buy for the users who solve the puzzles.
- Spin Wheel: Give customers the opportunity to win discounts and vouchers by spinning a wheel. The spinning wheel is a common gamification in Shopify stores since it benefits the business and the users. The user’s email address might be required in order to play it. In this method, you may collect email addresses for use in future advertising campaigns. After spinning the wheel, the customer receives an exciting offer.
- Contests: You can create quizzes or contests for users related to either your brand products or a different topic. You can also organize a treasure hunt for your visitors. It does wonders for user engagement, brand recognition, and sales.
- Countdowns: Countdowns are often used to promote fast action from consumers to get ready for holidays and events such as Christmas or Black Friday. Displaying the amount of time left before a sale or offer finishes could create a feeling of urgency in prospective customers and encourage them to buy now. Ultimately, you can achieve the highest sales.
Best Gamification Apps For You
- Tada – It is one of the gamification apps that allows Shopify store owners to create a spin wheel and exit intent popups. It helps in decreasing cart abandonment and increases sales. It also has a free plan. Thus, you can try it before paying. Furthermore, you can customize the games as per your brand or product. It has a 5-star rating on the Shopify app store.
- Smile.io – Smile.io may help you attract customers by giving them the opportunity to tell their friends about your Shopify store and get rewards for loyalty. This gamification tool allows your customers to earn points for doing things like making a purchase, leaving feedback, or creating an account. Doing these things will get more customers involved with your e-commerce. Furthermore, customers may be reminded to redeem their points before they expire.
- ClawCrane – Using ClawCrane, you can integrate gameplay Discounts directly into your online storefront. Users that take part in the game have a chance to earn exclusive discounts and perks. The display also includes a digital presenter who can explain the game’s mechanics to inquiring customers. There is no risk to try it out for three days. After that, the app will cost you $5 each month.
- Spin-a-Sale – Customers of your Shopify store will be able to spin virtual wheels using spin-a-sale integration. You may alter the rims according to your business. Users cannot share coupon codes since each voucher is generated randomly. The first week is free, and after that, it’s just $9.99 a month.
You can boost traffic, sales, and consumer involvement in your Shopify store by using gamification. Pick an app that fits your needs by keeping in mind your unique objectives. You need to plan properly and strategically. In case, you need help in integrating any third-party app, our Shopify developers are always there to help.
How does gamification increase sales?
Which are the best gamification apps?
What is an example of gameplay in retail?
What are e-commerce gameplay strategies?
What are the two types of gamification?
Shivangi is a passionate Copywriter at Alian Software with expertise in technical copywriting. She shares information that is easy to understand regarding business, technology, and trends.