Features To Include In An Online Pharmacy App
- Login interface: This is the user registration page that you need to build. Users can be able to log in and manage the account.
- Medicinal information: It should have data about all the medicines like price, dosage, image, expiry date, etc. Users can view this data and buy what they require.
- Filters or Search: You should include a search bar so that users can easily search and get the medicines without wasting time.
- Payment method: Integration of an in-app payment method is important to allow users to buy with ease.
- Single-click refill: The app should allow users to refill the medications with just a tap.
- Chatbot: You can add this feature to make your app more advanced. Instead of searching and buying the medications, users just need to tell the chatbot and it finds the medicines. You can also make it to diagnose the symptoms and suggest medications.
A purchasing cart, real-time order tracking, notifications, alternative medicine information, and user feedback would also be great additions to the online pharmacy app.
Develop An Online Pharmacy App Cost-effectively
Hire an app development team
Firstly, you need to hire an app development team to strategically plan the development process by understanding your requirements. Now, if you hire in house team then you would have to spend on infrastructure too. Thus, it is advisable to go for a remote team. Furthermore, if you hire a team from USA or Canada, the hourly cost would be high. Thus, try to hire app developers from India to develop your online pharmacy app cost-effectively.
Decide the Platform
Now, if you choose to go for native app development, then you will have to develop one app for different platforms. That means the developer has to write multiple codes. Thus, it will increase the cost of development. While, if you go for cross-platform apps then it would be cost-effective. A single code base and your apps are ready to be used for different platforms.
The next step is to design the UI/UX of the pharmacy app. This phase will help you to see how the app will look after development. Hiring an experienced and cost-effective UI/UX design company will help you successfully achieve your app goals. The only thing you need to do is to verify your app provides a simple and clear user experience.
After your app’s UI/UX is designed, you have to move forward with development. During this phase, it is important to decide the tech stack. The tech stack includes an app development framework, database, etc. Plan the sprints and have regular development updates.
It is important to do a comprehensive final inspection of the finished product once the development phase is over. Keep in mind that it is preferable to spend time searching for issues before the product is released rather than spending even more time addressing them after the fact. Make sure the app works properly across all the devices. During testing, the product is optimized and its functionality is validated to ensure it meets all expectations.
After passing QA you can launch your app on the app store. You would need to pay for the launch fees but, it would be minimal. After launch, you can gain feedback from the users and make necessary changes to your app.
In conclusion, efficient budgeting and the use of available resources are essential for developing a functional online pharmacy app. You may build a dependable and low-cost online pharmacy platform by making use of low-cost technology, open-source frameworks, and quick development procedures. To guarantee the success and reliability of your app, remember to put security, user experience, and regulatory compliance at the top of your list of priorities.
How much does it cost to develop an online pharmacy app?
What is the cheapest way to build an app?
Can you make money from an online pharmacy app?
What is the profit margin of an online pharmacy app?
The profit margin is typically between 18% to 20%.
What things to keep in mind when developing a pharmacy app?
Shivangi is a passionate Copywriter at Alian Software with expertise in technical copywriting. She shares information that is easy to understand regarding business, technology, and trends.